Living In The CircleLiving The Mystical Life
XXIII. LIVING IN, THROUGH, AND BY THE SPIRIT
1. Freedom of the illumined is really a freedom from ignorance because only the ignorant can cleave to the belief that life is dependent on things and people in the external realm.
2. The truth is that life governs the external realm.
3. Illumination is the attainment of that fourth-dimensional consciousness in which we see through the appearance, just as we would see through the appearance of a mirage on a desert.
4. This does not mean that this higher consciousness has no awareness of the existence of such things, but to the fourth-dimensional Consciousness ‘they do not have existence as reality’.
5. The more we abide in the truth, the more we bring infinity into expression.
6. There is no way to enjoy perfect human relationships except to want nothing from anybody.
7. It is just a continuous state of multiplication once we realize Withinness.
XXIV. THE MASTER ALCHEMIST
1. All of this is within me; all of this is embodied in my Consciousness. All of this constitutes the Withinness of my own being.
2. The I that I am is the I that you are, for there is only one I.
XXV. LOSING ‘I’-NESS IN I
1. Through meditation and practice of the Presence, the mind is stilled, and an awareness of this Something greater than themselves is developed.
2. It remains for us to open out a way for this Infinity to escape and find expression.
3. This is making a transition from the human sense of life in which we look to others for our good to the spiritual life in which we look within ourselves, and let Grace flow out from us.
4. We do not consciously direct spiritual Consciousness: it performs it’s function in us and through us, and we merely become aware of what it is imparting to us.
XXVI. “MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD”
1. Prayers have failed because they have largely been an attempt to overcome a temporal power which in reality is not a power.
2. Our world is the externalization of our state of consciousness: as we sow, so shall we reap.
XXVI. LIVING ABOVE THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES
1. We do not decry the evil and try to bring about the good, but rather turn away from the appearance and keep our gaze on the Middle Path, realizing that right where there is an appearance of either good or evil, there is spiritual reality.
2. We hold no-one in condemnation because we know that it is only his ignorance of what he is doing, his ignorance of his Reality, that makes him act as he does.
3. Life and death are but illusory pictures.
XXVIII. THE TREE OF LIFE
1. There may be many forms, but back of the forms there is the One.
2. The branch knows that it has to be still and let the tree manifest it’s own glory, and any glory the tree manifests will be showered upon, and shared with, the branches, and that will include all that the branch may need.
XXIX. BEYOND TIME AND SPACE
1. Whatever fills our consciousness this minute is the seed we are sowing, and it determines the type of fruitage we will have.
2. All there is to time and space is our Consciousness extending itself.
3. Consciousness cannot inaugurate an action.
4. The mystic beholds life and watches Consciousness at work.
5. Exercise: Become a beholder and watch each hour unfold. Overcome the egotistic belief that this is our world and that we are responsible for it. Learn to stand a little to the right of yourself and watch. This is being a witness.
6. Exercise: Consciously live as though you are looking right down a long straight line of now.
7. We open ourselves to Infinity, watching for It to express Itself, watching for Consciousness to appear as form.
XXX. GOD MADE THIS WORLD FOR MEN AND WOMEN
1. We do not live in time or space: we live in Consciousness.
XXXI. “THERE REMAINETH A REST”
1. In The Infinite Way there is no denial of the mind or of the body. Rather do we let the mind and the body become imbued with the Spirit.
XXXII. ADDRESS THE WORLD SILENTLY WITH PEACE
1. Whenever spiritual light comes to a person, he is called upon for that light, and from those who have the most, of them is the most expected.
2. All the mortal consciousness there is, is the universal sense of separation from Consciousness, which is a universal hypnotism.
3. People are not responsible for their fears: they are victims of mass hypnotism.
4. Our responsibility in life is to be a centre of light, to be the light of the world, and so to permeate ourselves with truth throughout our waking hours that it circulates in our consciousness even when we are asleep.
XXXII. THE INNER UNIVERSE
1. Even if you are holding them in bondage to the belief that they are human beings, give them their freedom.
2. You have only what you are willing to give: what you hold on to you lose – that is spiritual law.
3. This world is invisible. The effects of it become visible – but the Cause, the Law, the Creator, the Activity, and the Substance are invisible.
4. There is probably a thick crust of self between you and the ‘I’ that is within you.
5. After you have discovered that within you is the Substance of all form, the law of all effect, never again can the world disturb you.